Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: From Andyman's Universe...stuff & whatnots. (more pics)

  1. #11
    HB Forum Owner Biomechanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2001
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Hey, just for grits and shiggles have you tried the laser pointer technique with translucent figs? Water Dragon? Alien Spawn 2, Sub-Zero Monev, Stealth Predator?

    I've done it just to see the effect, but I never took a time-capture of it.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    More fun with slow speed photography!

    Electroman:

    Here I scanned one side with the LED mini flashlight and the other with a single green LED. I accidently got the green LED into the shot but it made a pretty cool effect.
    34363B947232327Ffp43Enu3D32383E353B3E4783EWSNRCG3D32329275353A47nu0mrj

    Laser pointer scan on one side. I think a green or blue light back light would help but my camera batteries died before I could adjust it.
    34363B947232327Ffp643Dot3E23293D443C3D5693DXROQDF3E2323836626963Bot1lsi

    Blue & green LED flashers on one side, red & green on the other. (Thanks to Chet for those!) I tried to back light with LED mini flashlight and came up with kind of a cool look.
    34363B947232327Ffp453Dot3E23293D443C3D5693DXROQDF3E2323836626983Bot1lsi


    This one I really like! I just kept swinging the mini flashlight up and down behind Electroman.
    34363B947232327Ffp463Dot3E23293D443C3D5693DXROQDF3E2323836629858ot1lsi

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LED flashers either side and low mini flashlight for backlight. All exposures here are 15 seconds long.
    34363B947232327Ffp643Dot3E23293D443C3D5693DXROQDF3E232383662693A6ot1lsi

    This one a swung a blue flashing wand type LED flasher behind the subject.
    34363B947232327Ffp43Enu3D32383E353B3E4783EWSNRCG3D32329275353A87nu0mrj

    Space Dog gets a new look.
    34363B947232327Ffp463Dot3E23293D443C3D5693DXROQDF3E232383662693B7ot1lsi

    On this one I tried to backlight by scanning a red/green LED flasher back & forth. It made a really weird design.
    34363B947232327Ffp583Dot3E23293D443C3D5693DXROQDF3E232383662973C6ot1lsi

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Shooting my metallic colored robots has been a real challenge for me. The metallic colors need something to reflect, preferably something white. The problem is that white tends to over expose the robot. This pic still needs work (more backlight) but I think it shows off the bot really well.
    34363B947232327Ffp633Dot3E23293D443C3D5693DXROQDF3E2323836626983ot1lsi

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    damn, Andy...these are friggin' SWEET!
    I mean, I've always like the Bots, but these pics are over the top.

    maybe you could do the cover for our record... [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member madadman's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,558
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool stuff Andy!! Very interesting effects. You've got a lot more patience than I do. [img]wink.gif[/img] What kind of camera are you using?

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    I t'inks it's a Polaroid, eh...

  8. #18
    HB Forum Owner Biomechanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2001
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    The stuff is ok, but the whatnots are to die for!

  9. #19
    Inactive Member KillerKanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2004
    Posts
    2,799
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Nostromer:
    The stuff is ok, but the whatnots are to die for!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was kinda hoping to see whatchamacallits in the background, but nothing.
    [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by madadman:
    Cool stuff Andy!! Very interesting effects. You've got a lot more patience than I do. [img]wink.gif[/img] What kind of camera are you using?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's a Canon PowerShot S-70 with 7.1 megapixel res. I would consider it to be a "prosumer" camera if you're familiar with that term. I got it as a Xmas gift from my business "landlord".

    The beauty of a digital camera is that you can take pics like mad and get instant results. Great for experimenting! The only thing limiting me is my battery pack. I need to get an AC adapter.

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ April 20, 2005 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Andyman ]</font>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •